Chastise me, I deserve it!
12:36 PM | Author: thenewmiranda
I am so sorry to have strayed so long away from posting.... you know the holiday season, it monopolizes your time and then you need three weeks of recovery.  I apologize. I didn't forget about blogging though, and with my trusty partner Laura at my side constantly reminding me I knew it was only a matter of time before I got back around to it.

I will admit that over the holidays I did have some indulgences, its to be expected I think. Besides, the holidays come only once a year!  I also fell off the wagon one day to the tune of a PILE of chocolate truffles.. but I paid that price terribly the next day. Lesson learned.

Glad to say however, that I have kept on track. Even through all of the sugary coated Christmas goodness and the January blah's, I have managed to keep my diet going. I was losing track a bit and found a nice website to help me with my goal making/goal keeping/calorie tracking.  Its called http://www.myfitnesspal.com/.  A nice little place to keep your food diary, it has all the food there so it counts the calories for you and you can add your own as well.  It also has some nice forums so you can stay motivated, join teams for a little bit of competitive spirit and get some healthy recipes.  I suggest it to everyone who is trying to lose weight or is one of those "New Years Resolutionists".  With this tool, you may actually keep your resolution this year.

I have some results for everyone, but before that I want to congratulate my mother Cheryl and my friend Joy for embarking on this journey as well! It takes some courage to take that step and they both have that and more.  Keep it up girls! Oh, and for all that don't know, my mother hurt her knee badly and even though she can't be as active as she likes she is trying hard to stay on track. I'm so proud.

So, the long awaited results!

Since I started, I have lost a totaly of 42 lbs.  YAY! Go me!  Its a HUGE deal... like, four 10lb bags of potatoes or a small child! Crazy.

I have also had these changes in my measurements:

Measurements at 296lbs

Chest - 125 cm/ 49.2 in

Bicep - 37 cm/ 14.6 in
Waist - 129 cm/50.8 in
Hips - 143 cm/56.3 in
Thigh - 80 cm/31.5 in

Measurements at 274lbs

Chest - 48 in
Bicep - 13.75 in
Waist - 47.5 in
Hips - 54 in
Thigh - 29.75 in

Thats a grand total of 12 inches!! (counting both biceps and thighs!) Now I know that doesn't seem like a whole lot, but I will remeasure in about a week since I know I am carrying a weee bit of bloating right now (yay for womanhood!).

I also haven't really increased my exercise at all. Thats where the January blahs hit me hard... laziness. However I think that these results are impressive considering how lazy I have been.

Anyhow, theres a fast update! I hope some of you are still following :S

I have some neat recipes I will share with you and also some results of the PGX system since I got a free bottle and am trying it out.

Hang in there ladies, stick with it - if I can do it, anyone can :)

M
|
This entry was posted on 12:36 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On January 28, 2010 at 10:26 AM , Dani said...

No chastisement, just gut busting pride (ha! gut busting) in you hun...those results must be giving you such a mental lift :)

 
On February 23, 2010 at 2:36 PM , mvl1014 said...

or where there's hard water we'd call it a bag of salt! good job. :)