Product Review: Relacore
11:54 AM | Author: thenewmiranda
Part of the "My Body is my Temple" approach that I started included taking chemicals out of my body that I didn't need.  So I quit smoking (over a month now), did a detox and I went to my doctor and had them step me off my anti-anxiety medication. 

I started doing some reading about natural supplements that support mood regulation and I decided to try out a product called Relacore.  It used to claim that it reduced belly fat (by reduction of anxiety and therefore reduction of cortisol) - and I can see how it may possibly make that claim, but that wasn't my reason for choosing it.  The reviews I read had a lot to say about the way it affected ones mood and ability to deal with anxiety. 

There were a few people screaming about how it didnt take away their belly fat...and how they were filing a class action suit, but I personally think that those people are insane.   ANYONE who thinks they can take a pill and lose weight is mental. Especially if they keep eating what they're eating; what caused them to gain the weight in the first place.  It just doesn't fit in the equation.  Needless to say, I didn't let the crazies deter me.

So, off to the store I went.

I made sure to read the label carefully; there was no way I was letting offensive material back into my detoxed body.  I was pleasantly surprised.

On the label: Vitamins C, B1, B2, B6, B12, Cal, Mag, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid

Hmmm.. vitamins, ok these wont hurt me.  Calcium for my bones, Vitamin C will help me beat H1N1, B vitamins help me metabolize what I eat, Biotin helps me metabolize my fats and fatty acids.  Ok, so this is looking good to me (and thats just the bare bones of what these do for me).

Also on the label:  Passionflower Herb, Magnolia Bark, Skullcap Root, Niacin, Panax Ginseng Root, Poria Fungus, Jujube Fruit, Perilla Frutescens leaf, Phosphatidylserine.

Passionflower Herb - Allegedly reduces stress, helps induce restful sleep.
Magnolia Bark - Reduces stress and has been said to reduce allergic reactions as well.
Niacin - Proven to assist in reducing total cholesterol.
Panax Ginseng Root - Improves circulation, increases blood supply and stimulates the body.
Jujube Fruit - According to Chinese traditional medicine, reduces stress.
Perilla - Increase immune system activity
Phosphatidylserine - Reported to reduce cortisol from exercise induced stress

Ok so, that all looks pretty promising!  Now, theres a lot of 'alleged's and 'reported's, but I thought seriously, whats the worst that can happen?  I waste my $25something dollars and tell everyone about it.

So, I take my purchase and confidently begin the proper dosage.

Its been about a week and a half now and let me tell you all - I will swear by this product.  It reduced my mood fluctuations, helped my PMS and I have absolutely zero desire to emotionally consume food (and for all you naysayers, I lost my JOB and still didn't want to grab the potato chips!)

So, my suggestion is, if you have rough periods, a propensity to eat your feelings or anxiety this is definitely worth a try. 

I'm pretty sure I can hear you all asking the question... what about the belly fat?  Well, I can't tell you, because I haven't measured! Relacore does report a reduction in belly fat as a result of lack of anxiety produced cortisol, and it definitely reduces anxiety.  I can safely assume that its reducing cortisol production. 

So, for all you wonderers out there, I'm going to measure tomorrow morning, and follow up in a week with a brief article about all the terrible things and overproduction of cortisol does to you, and how you can easily contribute to a reduction in cortisol production with OR without Relacore.

Completely Unrelated Question of the Day!

Ok, the completely unrelated question of the day, how many calories do I burn cleaning my bathroom?
I read somewhere that an average 140lb person will burn 250 calories for 1hr of bathroom scrubbing.

Hm. Cleaning the bathroom never sounded so good! Off I go!

Ciao Bellas!
This entry was posted on 11:54 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: